Customizing a PowerPoint Template

While we try to offer you a wide range of pre-designed layouts in our templates, sometimes you need something just a little bit different.  Not to worry, our templates come with many easy to manipulate customizable elements to change the whole look of you presentation.

When we are building our PPT templates, we try to leave as many of the design elements intact so they may be further customized.  For example we will use PNG images with transparent backgrounds and then layer them in PowerPoint.  You can then take those design elements and make more modifications to them.  Using PowerPoint’s built in tools, you can change the color, add effects, move, resize, copy and paste to another page, or completely remove the elements from your presentation.

For example I’ll use this template created by PresenterMedia artist, Judd Albrecht.

Atom Molecule PowerPoint Template

Image: Atom Molecule PowerPoint Template

The large image of the atom can be removed, resized, recolored, or used in other pages.  Here I have resized the atom element to fit with the title.  I used the picture recolor tool to change the atom and the swooshes to a lavender color.  I also removed the logo place holder in the lower right-hand corner.  Here is the end result.

Customized PowerPoint Template

After Customization of the Template

These changes were all made in a few minutes right inside PowerPoint.  You can access all the elements, modify the design layouts, and change background by viewing the Slide Master.  This is located under the View tab on the PowerPoint ribbon (the tool bar at the top of PowerPoint).

I hope this sparks some ideas as to the versatility of our templates.

Good Presenting!

Co-Owner, PresenterMedia.com

Tags: , ,

22 Responses to “Customizing a PowerPoint Template”

1. Brian Overbury-Crowther says:

Hello, just a quick note to say brilliant! I am involved in training in Road transport these powerpoint presentations are a must in design and help get the message over to the candidates, giving a good base for my subject matter.

Thanks for the kind word Brian, we’re pleased to hear they are a good fit for your presentations.

Art

2. Deb says:

Can you make a customized animation for me?
    I need an image of your stick figure guy in a jail cell.

3. Declan Coyle says:

The tree with the roots won’t animate. Just comes up all together. What should I do?

Hi Declan, The first slide in that template is a static slide, slides 2-4 all have the tree and roots animated. Are slides 2-4 not animating for you either?

4. Terri League says:

Hey! Is there a way to take the loop off of an animated background? For example, I am working on a presentation for a national conference and we like the water drop background, but we feel the continuous water drops might be too distracting for our audience. Is there a way to allow the water to drop once for each slide?

Hi Terri, Yes you can set the video animation to stop playing when it reaches the end. The videos in our templates are contained in the Slide Master. Under the View tab, select Slide Master. The video will be located on the very first master slide and the second master slide. Select the video, and then under the Video Tools, select Playback and unselect the “Loop Until Stopped” option. Return to your presentation, by returning to “Normal View” under the view tab.

5. Idael Rey says:

Fantastic Job! you are putting in the public hands the necessary tools to built unparalleled presentations. I wonder if would it possible to edit the GIFs to add names to the Animated 3D Characters? Maybe make possible in the animated presentations that shows the Earth with a plane going around it to add your Company name instead of the plane or inside the plane. I will recommend your site to all my friends with 101% of satisfaction. I would like to see some templates examples for Business Intelligence and Database Management. Again excellent job! Contratulations

6. Rob McLennan says:

I do like your ideas, they are just what I’m looking for; a new course/presentation is germinating in my mind right now for Jan 2012 after seeing your presentations materlel.

I’ve been teaching in Continuing Education for some time. One of my issues has been seeing my presentations show up in other areas. I’d like to modify the stick figure to include my logo on it’s chest, or simulate a T-Shirt with the logo. Is this possible?

Hi Rob,

We are looking at the ability to add logos or other customizations to our images. In the meantime you would need to have access to a program like Photoshop to combine our images with your logo.

7. Gina says:

Great product! I just downloaded the “global desk” ppt and there is a globe that says “your logo”. How do I change or remove this?

Hi Gina,

That template looks like it needs to be updated. I thought we had removed all the logos from the slide masters, but this template looks to be missed. I will have the template updated and added back to the site.

In the meantime, you can remove them by viewing the Slide Master (select View Tab > Slide Master) the logo should be on the very top slide, and possibly the second slide. Once you select and delete them return to normal view (View > Normal) to return to your presentation.

8. Peggy says:

Hello,
    I am using your social network powerpoint and I’m wondering if I can (and how, if possible) change the following:
    1. The first slide is an animated social network showing a figure that soon connects with other figures. Can the color of the first figure (currently blue) be changed? I only want this first figure to change in color.

2. In the same file, there are clip art images. One of the images is of a figure (this is a static image) who is connected to three figures who are then connected to two groups of five other figures. Is there a way to interchange the figures? For example, can I move the group of three figures to where the five figure are and vice versa? I’m using powerpoint 2011 for Mac OSx. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

9. Bill says:

This is a fantastic product. As a health & safety professional, it would be great to have figures in safety vest, safety glasses and other personal protective equipment, i.e. safety shoes, hard hat etc. Can you help with this?

• krjones says:

Bill:
      Go ahead and search “safety“, we have tons of images and animations, even video and templates available for you, including hard hats, individuals in safety goggles, safety vests etc. Happy presenting!

10. Patricia says:

Hi there:

I am trying to change the curtain color on the customizable “your text here” animated curtain opening slide (Item #9935) and can’t get the color right.

Would like it to be
    R:0, G:171, B: 170.
    Is there a way to change the curtain color?

Thank you!

Patricia:

Thanks so much for your question! To get the color close to what you want, try adjusting the brightness and saturation. Typically, this resolves any “color strangeness” in the hue corrector.

11. Mauricio says:

Good morning, I would want to know if I can change the number of “stories” of the item 4084… It is a pyramid with 4 stories and I need 6. How could I change it?

I look forward to your early response.

• Mike Weber says:

Unfortunately this is the way the image was created when the artist made the template. You would not be able to duplicate one level of the pyramid.