Welcome back to PresenterMedia Tutorials, in this issue we will be looking at one of our most popular features thus far: Custom Text over Video Backgrounds. You may be wondering “How does this pertain to me?” Well, allow me to shed some light on the situation.
For years, people have been held captive by the world of custom content, torn between years of education vs. hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars to create their own video background to use on their website, PowerPoint presentations and more. As of the first week of October, our website has begun to offer video backgrounds with the ability of editing text which is inserted directly into the video itself.
Let’s take a look at how to get to, and work with, our custom text over video backgrounds.
1) Start by going to our website, www.PresenterMedia.com .
2) To use the “Search” feature, locate the Search field in the upper left corner of our website, just below our name (PresenterMedia). In the dropdown list of categories, select “Video Background”, and in the search box, type “Custom” Click “Search” and take a look at the results. Notice, each video has the word “Custom” written underneath it. This identifies the custom videos from the regular video backgrounds, in case you should come across them while browsing through our library. (You may also locate all the custom HD Video Backgrounds by scrolling down the “Browse” categories on the left and clicking “Custom Videos” at the bottom.)
3) When the search is complete, click on a video of your choice. Remember, it will show “Custom” underneath the video. When you have clicked the video, you will see a screen appear similar to this one.
Let’s take a look at some of the components of this item’s “page”
A) Change Text – this feature is what allows you to add your own text to this video. Enter your own, otherwise the default text will be used.
B) Choose your Download Type – “Download Video As” – This is where you select what format you’d like the video to be in when it’s finished customizing. WMV (Windows Media), MOV (Mac Media), FLV (Adobe Flash) or PPTX (PowerPoint slide with the video already embedded into it).
C) Customize: This is the most important button of all. Click this button to begin the customization process, and wait patiently while we recreate a video especially for you!
4) Once you click “Customize”, you will see a blue box appear with “Processing Video” displayed. An estimated amount of time for the render to complete will appear. You can either wait for the video here, or continue working on other things, and come back to “My Custom Media” later.
5) Once the customization is complete, you can download your video by clicking the “Download” button that appears in place of the Processing Video screen, or simply go to “My Custom Media” and click “Download” on the video.
Once the download is complete, you are ready to place the video in your presentation, website, or other creative project.
Thanks for taking the time to read this tutorial about our customizable video backgrounds.