Your First PowerPoint Animation

Downloading an animation from PresenterMedia is an easy process, but if you’ve never used an animated file (.gif) in your presentations before, there are a couple of pitfalls to avoid.  Watch this short new video tutorial from PresenterMedia co-owner, Art Holden, to see how simple it is.

Click the Play button above.
How to download animations for PowerPoint

Covered in this video:

• For PowerPoint, always download the largest animation available.  This yields the best quality.
  • After clicking the download link, always choose “SAVE” to save the image to your computer.  Choosing OPEN may end up removing the animation from the image.
  • In PowerPoint, always use the “Insert/Picture” function to place the animation in your presentation.  Inserting it as a video or copying and pasting it into your presentation can yield poor results.

View all our Animations for PowerPoint.

Tags: , ,

61 Responses to “Your First PowerPoint Animation”

1. diink says:

can i use these files on my website, bcz wen i m using it its showing as simple jpeg not animated..pls guide as that was my only purpose..

regards,
    Diink

Hello Diink,

Yes, our animations (animated .GIFs) work great on a website. We have several subscriber who use them on websites. It sounds like you are converting the .gif to a .jpeg file. Be sure that the file you upload to your website is the original .gif downloaded from PresenterMedia, if the animation is converted to a .jpeg it will no longer animate.

Best,

2. siddiq shakur says:

Your “Blah” animation shows a white background. Even when you download the “clear” background… I like this animation… The White Background… Not so much.

I just upgraded to the annual subscription, specifically for the use of this animation… now I can’t use it.

Please Art, help a Brotha out!!!
    also, I’m using a Mac. Specifically Keynote. Is there an issue with Keynote and your company?

Hello Siddiq, For some reason Keynote has not chosen to support transparent animated .gif images. With Keynote you would have to match the background of the animation to the background color of your presentation. Here is a video tutorial we put together about how to do that using our animation customizer.

Art

• Kara says:

HI. I’m having the same problem and I’m not using keynote.. I’m just using ppt for mac. I have an annual subscription. bought it specifically for a ppt that I’m doing tomorrow… and am banging my head b/c I have downloaded in 4 different formats, tried customizing… but still get a BLACK background when I tell it I want clear, and when I select clear and download custom. help!

Kara:

Thank you for your inquiry. Could you give us a call at your convenience and we’ll help you through this? I”m imagining that you’re seeing the black background when you’re in the Preview mode, which can’t understand transparency so it makes it black. Once you insert the animation (Quicktime Video) into PowerPoint it should go clear.

3. Lou Banks says:

I purchase the product for a school project. The animation would not play for me within the presentation. I think that this product was a waste of my money and time. I am VERY DISSATISFIED Consumer.

• Judd Albrecht says:

Hi Lou,

Sorry to hear that the animation was not working for your in PowerPoint. If you are using PowerPoint 2007 you may need to install some critical Microsoft Office updates to get the animation running. Here is our blog about the Office Service Pack 2 that needs to be installed. Also you will want to make sure you have the newest Windows Media Player installed as this contains some critical drivers for the PowerPoint video player.

If you do not have the Office Service Pack2 installed you can follow the link below to the download page on Microsoft.com

Every computer is set up different, with different video codecs and drivers which sometimes need to be updated. When these problems arise all we can do is help you fix all the things needed to get the animation running.

If the above material doesn’t fix the problem we would really like to help you solve the issue you are having, please contact us here.

Thanks Much,

Judd Albrecht

4. VIJAYARAM says:

THANKS N REALLY GOOOOOOOD……………….

5. i bought the software how do i start working with it?

6. Hey guys,

Just passing by here to say hello and congratulations for your awsome animations and images.
    @wilfredo this is NOT a software, this is a membership site where you get to download as many images, animations or Powerpoint templates you want and use them in your Powerpoint presentation, videos, website or anything else.

Will become one of your subsrcibers in near futur.

Keep up the good work!

Mario

7. Sinaí Golina says:

Thanks so much!!! I REALLY needed that…
    It’s perfect!

8. Ron says:

Do the animations run in PowerPoint 2010 and Keynotes?

9. Naz says:

I used to be stuck on knowing how to add an animation on my power point, but this video clearly showed me how to add it. Also, I would like to say to the company that the animations here and templates are really good, I have used it for my presentations and it looked spectacular!

10. Ely says:

Thank you because I really need it for my teaching

11. natalie says:

Such a helpful, well done tutorial. Thank you for getting me started!

12. Carol says:

Would the animations work in Adobe Captivate?

Hi Carol, The animated clipart in our PowerPoint animations will work in Captivate when downloaded as an Abobe Flash file .SWF.

13. Jon says:

If we build a presentation in PowerPoint 2010. Share that presentation with another user who has PowerPoint 2003. Will the animation play? Will the user with the older software application need to troubleshoot?

Hi Jon, With PowerPoint 2010, you can save your presentation in compatibility mode so your presentation will work in older versions of PowerPoint, like 2003. There are a few caveats, first of all saving compatibility mode will remove the video animations from our animated templates as 2003 does not support embedded video files. However the animated .gif files will continue to animate when saved this way.

The best option is to use the “Package Presentation for CD” under the Save and Send area. This will create a presentation that will work on most computers with or without PowerPoint. All multi-media and animation is retained in this way.

14. Jennifer says:

Easy and helpful tutorial! Great Work!

15. LUTHSOEN says:

so good

16. Jock says:

Hi there! Are the 3D animations compatible with 64bit machines running Windows7 ? I’ve had hassles with some other 3rd party software.

Hi Jock, Yes the animations are simply image or video files. There is no software to install so they will work on any version of Windows.

17. Jock says:

Thanks for your answer Art. I’ve now signed up for one year and so far all the animations I’ve downloaded are working really well.

18. Chris says:

Art,

If I create an account, will I be able to save the folder onto a flashdrive to transfer back and forth between computers? I have a windows machine and also a Mac so I do a lot of back and forth. It would be wonderful if I could just download on one machine and then flashdrive the folder to move it to other machines.

Thanks,

Chris

• krjones says:

Chris,

The only potential problem is any animations in the graphics between Windows and Mac (Windows like WMV files, Mac likes MOV files). There is a plugin called Flip4Mac available which would make the windows videos play correctly on a Mac, however they just removed it from being free. That is another option for you as well.

19. Angie says:

I can’t seem to download the QuickTime versions? Why is that it shows a play graphic with a line across it in a circle

• krjones says:

Angie:
      You are trying to download the QuickTime versions of our animations/HD backgrounds? If you are downloading straight to an i-device it will give you that display as it does not like to download straight from our site (upload it to iTunes and then sync is fine). Otherwise make sure your QuickTime player is still up to date if you are on a regular Mac. Let us know if this works out for you and we’ll stay in touch!

20. Jay says:

Using the Animation displaying writing goals, etc, how do I write them out on my powerpoint?

• krjones says:

Jay,

If you’re using “YOUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES” template that is a “Fixed” group of text, meaning you are not able to change it. The template that IS able to be changed and has the same background video is called WRITE TEXT CUSTOMIZABLE and here is the link for that:

21. June says:

Hi, I have downloaded some animated gif files. This may seem crazy but how do I change them from fireworks files?

• krjones says:

June,
      Thanks for your question. If you have Adobe Fireworks, simply “Save As” whatever file format you prefer, or if you’re referring to when you try to open a GIF and it opens in Fireworks automatically, right click and go down to “Open With” and select your alternative program. You can insert the GIFs into PowerPoint by “Insert”>”Picture” and selecting them from their appropriate file.

22. sweet says:

Hi there,

Has somebody out there tried this with Prezi? Would like to know any plus points and pitfalls before subscribing. Thanks loads.

23. cynthia diza says:

Sir,

Are there any free animations for download please?

• krjones says:

Unfortunately we do not offer any free downloads. You may contact us directly through our Contact link to request a sample file type for comparison.

24. Animated Gif's says:

When I save the gif’s, in my presentation as ’07.pptx. I lose the animation. What should I do to ensure the animation does not get lost?

Thanks

25. Wing says:

Hi,

I use Micosoft PowerPoint 2010, but I cannot download the animation, all of them becoming general picture after downloading.

I also cannot use the animate powerpoint template…all are not work for me…

Please investigate and advise.

Thanks!

26. nadine says:

Hi! Can I change the words that are being written in the animation? (goals animation). I would like to write my own goals

27. Linda says:

Hello. Why don’t I get the option to save the file?

Linda:

You would click “Download” on the page to download an item, as opposed to “Save”. If you are using Internet Explorer, you’ll be prompted to either Open, Save or Cancel. There’s a dropdown next to Save that you can use to get Save As and then choose where the file will download to. If you’re using another browser, typically the file will download to the Downloads folder of your computer (User>Downloads). It is possible that you have a default setting for all downloads, which would override the “Save” option, causing the download to automatically go to a specific destination you had set up in the past.

28. Patrick says:

How can i get the animation without the words in the middle of each animation.

Patrick:

To have an animation without the PresenterMedia watermark in front of it, please subscribe to our website and then login. This will automatically remove all watermarks.

29. Tess says:

How do I insert an animation into my Prezi?

Tess:

Insert our animations as SWF files by selecting “Insert”>”From File (PDF, video)…” and locating the SWF. The animation will automatically play.

30. Michal says:

Hi,
    wanted to know if I can use your animation with Prezi?
    Tnx
    Michal

Michal:

You most certainly may use our animations in Prezi! Simply download them as a SWF (options include GIF, SWF or Quicktime for all animations) and then insert them into Prezi by using the “Insert From File” option. Here is a demonstration and explanation of using our content in Prezi.

31. carol says:

Can you add text into the jigsaw pieces ? and also can you add more pieces if needed ? i want to put together a really good power point and would love to use a few of your animations but I am new to putting this together so want to make sure I am getting what I need.
    I want to to wow my boss

32. Shelley Joyce says:

Is there any way that i can insert an animated gif into the body of an email?

33. baran says:

hello.
    I need to some templates. can I have free download?

• Mike Weber says:

Hello Baran. Thank you for your inquiry. Our current discount is 40% from our standard price, bringing the total to only $59.95/year (standard price is $99.95/year). We do offer a shorter subscription for one month for only $39.95.
      Pay once and download as many of our PowerPoint templates, animations and clip-art images as you need. No additional credits to buy or download fees. Continue to use anything you have downloaded, even if you choose to let your subscription to expire.

34. Mohd. Fozleh Rahman says:

I work in Microsoft PowerPoint. How can I get the screen what you showed in tutorial for presenting animation. I insert the animation clip but it doesnot run when i start power point.

• Mike Weber says:

Are you starting the slide show using the “Slide Show” tab in Power Point? You can also press F5 to start it. Make sure you are downloading, saving, and then going to Power Point to “Insert Tab, Picture”. If you copy and paste you may lose some functionality.