Tis' the season to be shopping! This Saturday, November 28, 2020, will be the 10th annual Small Business Saturday. In honor of this busy day, we'll take a look at a few fun facts surrounding Small Business Saturday 2020.
- The day was founded by American Express in 2010 and was officially co-sponsored by the Small Business Association in 2011. As of last year, approximately 70% of consumers were aware of Small Business Saturday, and this year, American Express provided a tool for customers to find small businesses in their area (exclusions apply, this is only businesses who accept American Express cards).
For our collection of e-commerce and small business-themed clipart, animations, and templates, be sure to visit our website here.
Small Business Statistics
- As the year creeps towards a close, nearly 30 million small businesses account for 99.7% of all businesses in the US, making up nearly 40% of US retail jobs.
- Roughly 68% of money spent at a small local business stays in the local community, while only 43% stays in the local economy if spent at a large chain. [source]
- In 2016, 112 million people shopped on Small Business Saturday, a 13% increase from 2015.
- In 2011, American Express saw a 23% increase in transactions at small businesses on Small Business Saturday. Holiday sales at eCommerce stores also have increased year over year, many of which are small businesses.
Customize the text and graphics on this sign.
Small Business Marketing / Social Media
If you are involved with a small business, you may need to create fun advertisements for social media, websites, or even printable ads. Visit the PresenterMedia website for over 10,000 available images, animations, and video backgrounds.
Customize the text on this chalkboard by visiting this link.
Finally, we would like to close by thanking everyone who has been a customer of PresenterMedia over the past ten years. Although we are an online business, our door is always open. Thank you again for visiting us at PresenterMedia, we appreciate you!